Don’t let your passing be stained with the cumbersome funeral costs. Allow your loved ones mourn in peace.
There are few things in life as tragic and heart-breaking as an unexpected death of a loved one. The pain only increases if your loved ones are trying to come to terms with the loss and having to cope with the funeral arrangements and cost.
This policy covers the beneficiary and the beneficiaries in the event of:
Death – This involves accidental impairment and accidental loss of life as well as natural death
Impairment – This involves loss of eyes, loss of ears, loss of speech, loss of limbs and others as specified in the schedule
Major Burns – All degree of burns are also covered under this policy.
Important points to note:
- In the event that the main member dies, the benefit will be paid in lump sum
- The cover commences immediately policy is taken in the cases of accidental death. In natural death cases, there will be a minimum waiting period of 1 month.
- The minimum entry age for infants is one month and the maximum entry age for adults is 75 years.
- The cover is renewable annually
- Children are covered up to a maximum age of 25 years under proof of still being under the care of parents/guardian (proved through schooling)
- The cover covers a maximum of four children and one legal spouse
- Biological parents of policy holder and spouse can be added at an additional premium
- Principal Member/Spouse: Minimum entry age is 18 years. Maximum entry age is 70 years. Maximum coverage age is 75 years.
- Children: Minimum entry age is 3 months old to a Maximum 18 years at entry. Maximum coverage is 18 years to 25 years for full-time students.
- Parents/Parents-In-Law: Minimum entry age is 40 years. Maximum entry age is 75 years. Maximum coverage age is 80 years.
The Policy provides for the following:
- Benefits ranging from Kes. 100,000 to Kes. 500,000.
- Annual premium is per principal member.
- Covers the principal, spouse, maximum of four children and parents/inlaws.
- Offers cover for both accidental and natural causes of death for 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The cover does not exclude passive war, riots and terrorism risks or persons living with HIV
- Waiting period: 3 months waiting period in case of natural death from the date cover commencement. No waiting period for accidental death.
- Lump sum benefit payable in the event of death of the specified family members.
- The cover runs for one year and is renewable annually upon expiry
- Refreshments at funeral
- Cost of buying wreath
- Cost of tent, seats etc.
- The hearse
- The cost of transportation of family members
- The casket or urn
- Purchase of burial plots in public cemeteries
- Clearance of all hospital bills inclusive of mortuary bills accrued within clause
- Labour for the burial site
- Obituaries and any other funeral announcements
- Costs of mortuary
- Death or impairment as a result of suicide or attempted suicide
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Involvement in criminal activities or illegal acts
- Burial permit /Death certificate
- Claim form
© 2023 Co-op Consultancy and Insurance Agency.